My participation is going fairly well
- the Sci-Fi experience – I haven’t read anything for this challenge in the last week, though I’m still happily working through a book of sci-fi short stories
- the Clear Your Reader challenge – all three books I’ve finished this week have been on the Kindle app, including The Bone Clocks which I loved and will be reviewing soon
- the TBR Double Dog – nothing new has come into the house so the three books read all count towards this; the embargo is firmly holding largely because I’ve promised myself a bit of a spree in April 😀
All my current reads are shown on the blog sidebar; I’m dipping in and out of four at the moment, two non-fiction, one book of short stories and a novel by Louise Welsh, Naming the Bones, which I’ve just started.
The Jonathan Strange Update
I’m still where I was on Christmas Eve, page 134. Still struggling to understand what my block is here. I enjoy it while I’m reading it but once I put it down I have to make myself pick it up again, but I’m working on a plan….
I’ve been doing some more sorting out of books and added a couple more to the abandoned pile:
- Effendi by Jon Courtenay Grimwood – I got about 10% of the way in when I realised it was so long since I had read the first volume in the Arabesk Trilogy that I couldn’t make any sense of what was happening so I have set it aside
- A Duty to the Dead by Charles Todd – more than a quarter of the way through but having read so many Maisie Dobbs books in August I realised that my taste for historical crime novels featuring WWI nurses had been satisfied for the moment, but I may come back to this one
So quite pleased with where I am as we head towards the middle of January.