I have been very quiet on the blogging front, mostly because January was spent planning and preparing for my 50th birthday party which was held on 4 February and was really lovely and fabulous. I was a very lucky woman, being given some gorgeous presents, though not many were books – I can understand why, though; given the size of my library it would be a brave person who would buy me a book on spec.
But the Book God was given a list and very generously bought me the following:
- Schulz and Peanuts: a biography by David Michaelis
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- A Red Herring without Mustard by Alan Bradley
- Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan
And lovely friends gave me:
- The Laughing Policeman by Sjowall & Wahloo
- Cocktails with Bompas and Parr
- Taschen’s 100 All-Time Favourite Movies
- Unpacking my Library: writers and their books
And as if that wasn’t enough, I also got a book token all of my very own to spend. Very exciting and I am so, so grateful to everyone.